Rottweilers have a sweet temperament under a tough exterior, which means they will make an excellent pet for you and your family.
Were you even aware that Rottweilers are considered amongst the most loyal and playful dogs?
Rottweilers Are Surprisingly Playful
Most people think that a Rottweiler is only suitable to be a guard dog and that it should be left outside to watch the front gate, which is not strictly true. Rottweilers are playful dogs so you will have to keep them entertained for a couple of hours every day.
Your Rottweiler Will Show A Large Amount Of Affection
Your Rottweiler misses you when you are out at work, so be prepared for lots of affection when you walk through the door in the evening. When the Rottweiler walks up to you, it will nuzzle you and lick your face because it is overjoyed. Did you ever expect that this would be one of the Rottweiler’s best qualities?
Loyalty Is What Rottweilers Are Best Known For
Everybody knows that Rottweilers are extremely loyal and provide protection from unwanted visitors. You can train your dog to stand guard at night when everyone is safely tucked up in bed, and they will remain vigilant until the morning comes.
Take Care Of The Rottweiler With A Trip To The Vet
A Rottweiler is tough, but it still needs you to take care of it properly. Buy some insurance that will cover the cost of any medical treatment that your loyal dog needs in the future.
- Rottweiler puppies need to have several injections paid for with comprehensive Rottweiler insurance so that they are not going to catch rabies, with some booster shots later on.
- Take the Rottweiler to the vet so that it can have its weight checked. A healthy adult male Rottweiler can weigh anywhere between eight to nine and a half stones.
- Your Rottweiler will have its teeth checked to make sure that there is no damage or decay. The vet might recommend some healthy treats that are good for Rottweiler teeth and gums.
- Worming tablets will be given to the Rottweiler so that their gut is free of parasites. The vet will give you a supply of worming tablets to give to the dog whenever they have a build-up of parasites.
- Ticks should be removed by the vet because they might cause your Rottweiler to develop a blood infection.
- The vet will check the Rottweiler’s claws to make sure that they are still in perfect condition.
Choosing a Rottweiler as a pet is going to be one of the best decisions that you ever make in your entire life, because they have a lot of love to give. Despite being extremely tough, you still need to insure them properly and make sure that they are regularly being seen by a vet. Consider several insurance firms to see which one offers the most comprehensive cover for your beloved pet.